Monday, October 28, 2013

Sleepless Nights & Early Mornings

It's 4am and I can't sleep. What is wrong with me? I love sleep! But I'm left wide awake, senses blaring, and all I can think of is how I want Wheat Thins. I tried to calm myself by scrolling through Instagram, and even watched a few Youtube videos. Still, I knew that the only thing that would calm me down is to crawl down to the couch, eat those darn crackers, and let the TV drone me to sleep.

Well, apple pie was the first thing to hit my sights when I clunked down the stairs. Who ever said binge eating was bad for you at night? Were they not human? Yeah, like I want to binge at 11am. When else are you supposed to eat this stuff? (I know better, okay? I'm just tired and cranky.) So I'm sitting here with a glass of milk and pastey apple pie, trying desperately to connect to some form of internet for entertainment, and only three lights are blinking on that wireless box. Not four. Ugh... this is so not my thing. I do the best I could with the engineer of the family asleep – I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Eating pie while watching the lights slowly, one-by-one turn back on... only three. I give up.

Whenever I'm sitting up awake in the middle of the night, I always feel like I SHOULD be doing something productive. Like when else am I going to have four hours of silence and energy to get things done? But really... these are the moments when you want to defy all responsibility, hide under a blanket, and pretend that you really are sleeping. Because you know that in too few hours it will be Monday morning, and a horrifyingly exhausted Monday morning at that. I've been trying to cut down on coffee, but tomorrow just may have to be a cheat day!

So I did decide to be somewhat productive after all. I mean, I'm sitting here writing a post, right? That's one step in the right direction, albeit off-line.

I've been thinking about getting a dog recently. This is totally earth-shattering for us, because neither of us have had big pet families, and when we have, they've normally been cats or fish. The thought of having a little dog around the house has popped into my head a few times recently, and I seriously started considering it today. I have so much love to give our little family, and it would be so fun to have a little cuddle bug to care for, while we're waiting to have a baby (more on this later). I brought up the idea to Ozzie, and he said go for it, as long as it meets the following criteria:

  1. Up to date on vaccinations/shots
  2. Neutered/spayed
  3. Free

Short and simple. I, of course, have expounded on that list throughout the day. So here are a few things I've added to our wish list:

  1. House potty trained (or close to it)
  2. Cuddly and friendly
  3. Small sized
  4. Doesn't bark often
  5. Likes walks and playing at the park 
  6. Low to no shedding
  7. It'd be great if he or she came with some of the supplies she is used to at her former home (toy, bed, cage, etc.), to make the transition easier for her!

After seeing it written out, I'm afraid I might sound like I want a stuffed animal, but really, I do want to care for a dog. It would be so fun to take a puppy places and play with her. I especially like the idea of cuddling on the couch with a cute furry friend. So if you know of a friendly dog that is close to this wish list and is looking for a loving home, please comment below and let me know!


Well, the fourth light came on. I guess I'll curl under the blanket now and finish off that pie. Oh, morning, please take your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment